Saturday 10 August 2013

Pendant Lights

Very lucky to have Dad spend the day with us on Saturday helping to install some of our pendant lights. It had taken us ages to agree on a light for the kitchen - funny how that happens. The kitchen table light was a quick decision - bought whilst we were deciding on the carpet quote. The kitchen lights though were a completely different story. There were many lights that we liked individually but it was next to impossible to agree on a light together.

On a trip to Prospect to find a fabled new interior store we gave up after not locating it and went into Beacon in the hope of finding something, and if not the exact light some inspiration. I was starting to give up after we kept looking at lights that one of us said no to when Doug finally poured out a glass/wooden option that I adored! Quickly I agreed that we should get them for fear that this moment would not come again
Whilst the sales person was out the back making sure they had two we were still looking around. I had seen the perfect light on The Block for our bedroom a couple of weeks earlier but it seemed that they were sold out when I went looking online so had found an alternative that I hadn't quite ordered online yet. And lucky I hadn't! Doug and I stumbled upon the last two in NSW. What a find! Such a successful day that was then matched by Ike's shopping.
Apart from the pretty lights Dad has also installed the ensuite heat light with exhaust fan. As the weather is getting colder very quickly I am very happy to have that in. He'll be back soon to put in the bedroom lights, but I think I want to get in with some feature paint first.
I am a very lucky girl to have a Dad like mine.







No comments:

Post a Comment