Thursday 7 March 2013

Cabinetry - kitchen and bathrooms

Went for a sneaky looksy yesterday to see how locked up "locked up" really was and low one of our triple stacker sliding doors has been completely ripped our - frame and all :O I wonder what on earth what went wrong there! Obviously something they weren't happy with. But I'm glad problems are being addressed whenever they come up.
I've been nervously waiting for our kitchen to go in to recon firm our colour selections. I was confident with them, loved interior design images of the same thing - but this past week I had developed some nervousness worried that perhaps I had gone too far... But instead I am thrilled!! I am so happy with how the island bench has really become a feature. I recently found some beautiful blue coloured subway tiles that I had thought would have been brilliant as our splash back and became disappointed in our only white option, but now after seeing the cabinets in I am so glad we stick with the white. The blue tiles would have been a competition for the eye in the kitchen where the dark cabinets really should be a feature. A simple red kettle on the bench will give the kitchen the pop of colour it needs .... Oh and I'm going to paint the pantry door aqua for a bit of fun. Haven't told Doug yet. Wonder how that will go down!
Bathroom cabinets, tips and sinks are also in. Similar colours as the kitchen but reversed. Can't wait to see the tiles to in so that I can confirm what is in my mind is right.
Ooooh it is getting so exciting! Hand over is just around the corner!!
Here's done photos - excuse the really poor quality, only had my phone as the sun was setting.



No comments:

Post a Comment